Legendary Definitive Performance-Outdoors: Now you can enjoy the incomparable sound of Definitive Technology anywhere around your home with the groundbreaking AW5500 All-Weather loudspeakers. These technology-packed wonders feature high excursion active drivers pressure-coupled to racetrack-shaped Low-Bass Radiators to give you more than double the bass output while maintaining a weather-tight seal for ultimate placement flexibility, reliability, and performance. With their fully sealed design, aluminum grilles, and rugged PolyStone enclosures, the AWs can be fully exposed to the elements and still reliably deliver their indoor speaker sound quality for years of outdoor listening enjoyment. Their integrated galvanized steel brackets and unique shape allow a full 360 degrees of rotation allowing the listener to orient the active drivers toward the listening area. Pointing the active driver baffle towards the listener while the Low-Bass Radiator side faces the wall or ground gives you the ideal balance of clear mids, extended highs, and thunderous bass even in the tough acoustic conditions of the great outdoors. Now you can have it all the great sound of Definitive indoor speakers on the patio, deck, garden, or in the sauna. Some other important features you get with the AW5500 All-Weather speakers: 5-1/4 inch active driver pressure coupled to a 5 x 8 inch racetrack-shaped Planar Low Bass Radiator has total bass radiating area greater than an 8 inch woofer to belt out powerful bass that fills outdoor areas with rich big speaker sound. Fully sealed design, aluminum grilles, and rugged PolyStone enclosures, the AW5500s can be fully exposed to the elements and still reliably deliver their indoor speaker sound quality for years of outdoor listening enjoyment. Integrated Aluminum mounting brackets and unique enclosure shape allow a full 360 degrees of rotation for maximum placement flexibility. AW5500s feature the same technologies found in Definitive's top-of-the-line indoor speakers for no compromise sound quality. Available in Black and (paintable) White finish. Five Year Limited warranty.
9.00 x 13.00 x 8.00(LxWxH Inches)
9.00 x 13.00 x 8.00(LxWxH Inches)
- Driver Complement:
- Tweeter: Quantity: 1.
- Diameter (inches): 1. (2.54cm)
- Type: Pure Aluminum Dome
- Diameter (inches): 5 1/4 (13.34cm)
- Type: BDSS Midrange Driver
- Type: Direct Radiating
- Oval Height: (inches): 5. (12.70cm)
- Oval Width (inches) : 8. (20.32cm)
- Type: Racetrack Planar Bass Radiator
- Audio Inputs: Speaker Level: 1 Pair (Speaker Cable)
- Maximum Sensitivity: 1 watt @ 1 Meter: 91 dB.
- Total Frequency Response: Overall: 45 Hz - 30 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: Satellites: 4 - 8 ohm
- Crossover: A/V Receiver Crossover Setting: Large; Full Bandwidth
- Power Handling: 0-175 watts per channel
- Horizontal Orientation: On Wall or On Ceiling / Under Eave
- Vertical Orientation: On Wall or On Ceiling / Under Eave
- Product Weight: Out of Box: 11 lbs
- Cabinet Dimensions (Inches):
- Height: 7 3/4 (19.68cm).
- Width: 12 11/16 (32.23cm).
- Depth: 8 1/8 (20.64cm).
- Cabinet Type: Speaker Enclosure: Mineral Injected 3 Sided Polymer with Drainage Channel and Pressure Coupled Bass Radiator
- Accessories: Included Accessories: Wall Bracket with Thumb Screws
- Carton Size (Inches):
- Height: 17 (43.18cm).
- Width: 11 1/2 (29.21cm).
- Depth: 11 1/2 (29.21cm).
- Shipping Weight: One per Carton; 12 lbs.
- Drivers and Cabinet: Parts and Labor: 5 Years.
- Black all-weather outdoor loudspeaker
- Mounting bracket
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration card
FAST SHIPPING NATIONWIDE
EASY RETURN PROCESS
24/7 CUSTOMER SUPPORT
100% SECURE CHECKOUT